Dragon Fist
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Latest topics
» happy birthday to tom....
The DF 1vs1 Tournament! Icon_minitimeThu Apr 23, 2009 7:48 am by Eirako

» Ninjas or Pirates?
The DF 1vs1 Tournament! Icon_minitimeThu Apr 23, 2009 7:45 am by Eirako

» the changes in SHADOW FORM
The DF 1vs1 Tournament! Icon_minitimeSun Jan 11, 2009 9:06 pm by Omfg

» The absence report thread!
The DF 1vs1 Tournament! Icon_minitimeMon Jan 05, 2009 12:36 pm by Khar

» im leaving :(
The DF 1vs1 Tournament! Icon_minitimeThu Jan 01, 2009 1:49 pm by Khar

» my GW photos
The DF 1vs1 Tournament! Icon_minitimeSat Dec 13, 2008 8:06 am by Khar

» I'm back!
The DF 1vs1 Tournament! Icon_minitimeSun Nov 30, 2008 1:41 pm by Khar

» sig testing
The DF 1vs1 Tournament! Icon_minitimeFri Nov 21, 2008 3:59 pm by Omfg

» 6v6 Alliance tournament
The DF 1vs1 Tournament! Icon_minitimeTue Nov 18, 2008 10:00 am by Khar

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Poll
What kind of Guild tournament would you like?
1v1
The DF 1vs1 Tournament! Poll_l1029%The DF 1vs1 Tournament! Poll_r10
 29% [ 2 ]
2v2
The DF 1vs1 Tournament! Poll_l1014%The DF 1vs1 Tournament! Poll_r10
 14% [ 1 ]
3v3
 29% [ 2 ]
4v4
 29% [ 2 ]
Other
The DF 1vs1 Tournament! Poll_l100%The DF 1vs1 Tournament! Poll_r10
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 7

The DF 1vs1 Tournament!

Go down 
+3
ittaialp
Khar
Runer
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Runer
Admin
Admin
Runer

Male
Number of posts : 23
Humor : Fab ^^
Registration date : 2008-08-11

The DF 1vs1 Tournament! Empty
PostSubject: The DF 1vs1 Tournament!   The DF 1vs1 Tournament! Icon_minitimeFri Aug 22, 2008 4:05 pm

Hello guys!
Today I had the idea of making a 1vs1 tournament with 16 of our guild members, and I could record the battles and upload them here.

RULES:
-Each participant must make a build of it's own, and the same build cannot be used by the other participants.
-The participants will use the same build until the final battle of the tournament.
-The participants cannot bring heroes or other players to the matches.
-If a participant loses on a match, he/she cannot participate in the others.
-No green weapons are allowed in the tournament.
-If a user doesn't show up in the time the match would begin, that user is automatically off the tournament.
-The participant cannot use skills that completely affect the performance of the opponent (example: a melee warrior vs an anti-melee mesmer).
-Kiting and running away from the opponent to regain health and making the battle endless is prohibited.

If a participant does not obey any of this rules, he/she will be disqualified.

REWARDS:

Winner - 5K and a gold weapon of his choice (NOTE: We have a limited number and type of gold weapons. It will be shown to the winner all of the gold weapons that we have and he/she can choose ONE)

2nd Place - 2.5K and a random weapon.

ALSO: If a player loses one match and did not achieve 2nd or 1st place, but is recognized for fairplay and good sportmanship, that player will also receive a random reward.

OTHER STUFF:
-If anyone wishes to give their opinion or want to modify the tournament (note that we can't make large modifications) contact me or Khar.
-It is going to be hard to find 16 members that want to participate. So we ask you to reply to this topic if you want to, and try to convince your friends (they have to be members of the guild) to participate.
-If we are lucky and receive more than 16 members that are willing to participate in the tourny, we need to have a par number of participants.

THE DATE OF THE TOURNAMENT IS STILL UNDER CONSIDERATION.

Now here's a tourny scheme! (it only has my name on it, but I will edit it when all the members are chosen)

The DF 1vs1 Tournament! Schene10
Back to top Go down
http://inerxus.deviantart.com
Khar
Co-Admin
Co-Admin
Khar

Male
Number of posts : 62
Humor : Strange

PostSubject: Re: The DF 1vs1 Tournament!   The DF 1vs1 Tournament! Icon_minitimeFri Aug 22, 2008 4:24 pm

count me in Smile
Back to top Go down
ittaialp
Scout
Scout
ittaialp

Male
Number of posts : 28
Humor : good one (Runik roll) XD
Registration date : 2008-08-15

PostSubject: Re: The DF 1vs1 Tournament!   The DF 1vs1 Tournament! Icon_minitimeSat Aug 23, 2008 3:21 am

my assa rdy to kick ur as count me in!
Back to top Go down
hedanito
Apprentice
Apprentice
hedanito

Male
Number of posts : 21
Humor : dark

PostSubject: Re: The DF 1vs1 Tournament!   The DF 1vs1 Tournament! Icon_minitimeSat Aug 23, 2008 4:23 am

ill just join for the fun xD
you'll be able to kill me in a few seconds
Back to top Go down
Runer
Admin
Admin
Runer

Male

PostSubject: Re: The DF 1vs1 Tournament!   The DF 1vs1 Tournament! Icon_minitimeSat Aug 23, 2008 6:05 am

TOURNAMENT CHANGES:

-The participants have to pay 500 gold to enter the tournament.
-The Reward for the winner now will be 8K and a gold weapon of his choice.
-The reward for second place will be 4K and a random weapon.

TOURNAMENT UPDATES:
The tournament has no specific date. When a participant and his opponent are online, they will have the match at that time, BUT the tournament cannot last more than a month. The first battles will be made in a whole week, the second matches will last another week, the third matches will last also a week, and the final match will be on the weekend or at an unspecified date.

REMEMBER!:

Make a good build because you will use it until the end of the tournament. But it cannot be anti-melee builds or other builds that completely affect the performance of the opponent.
ALSO: So there won't be any disadvantages, we advise you to bring a PvP character to the tournament.

Happy gaming!
-Runer
Back to top Go down
Tom ftw
Apprentice
Apprentice
Tom ftw

Male
Number of posts : 6
Humor : funny thinks...
Registration date : 2008-08-21

PostSubject: 1vs1 in DF   The DF 1vs1 Tournament! Icon_minitimeSat Aug 23, 2008 9:23 am

right now i have prob in my char but we illl fix it ill come

btw dont cry when u lose Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
anacreon
Apprentice
Apprentice

Male
Number of posts : 5
Humor : Quirky
Registration date : 2008-08-22

PostSubject: Signing up   The DF 1vs1 Tournament! Icon_minitimeSun Aug 24, 2008 6:34 am

Im signing up for the tournament to..got a build that will once again make Khar look silly clown
Back to top Go down
Pozed
Apprentice
Apprentice
Pozed

Male
Number of posts : 14
Registration date : 2008-08-24

PostSubject: Re: The DF 1vs1 Tournament!   The DF 1vs1 Tournament! Icon_minitimeSun Aug 24, 2008 8:42 am

I'm soo IN!!!!
Back to top Go down
Runer
Admin
Admin
Runer

Male

PostSubject: Re: The DF 1vs1 Tournament!   The DF 1vs1 Tournament! Icon_minitimeSun Aug 24, 2008 9:34 am

We have 7 participants now, only 9 left.

PS: Welcome to the forum, Pozed Wink
Back to top Go down
Tom ftw
Apprentice
Apprentice
Tom ftw

Male
Number of posts : 6
Humor : funny thinks...
Registration date : 2008-08-21

PostSubject: tournament reward   The DF 1vs1 Tournament! Icon_minitimeSun Aug 24, 2008 3:14 pm

i am green wepons farmer i can give ya alot of green weps for reward but i think the 1st place price need to be ectos \= and green wep ofc
Back to top Go down
Khar
Co-Admin
Co-Admin
Khar

Male

PostSubject: Re: The DF 1vs1 Tournament!   The DF 1vs1 Tournament! Icon_minitimeMon Aug 25, 2008 8:04 am

Quote :
Im signing up for the tournament to..got a build that will once again make Khar look silly

Read the rules Pixie Razz

Quote :
-Each participant must make a build of it's own, and the same build cannot be used by the other participants.

-The participant cannot use skills that completely affect the performance of the opponent (example: a melee warrior vs an anti-melee mesmer).

That means none of your anti-meele PvX builds are allowed Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
hedanito
Apprentice
Apprentice
hedanito

Male
Number of posts : 21
Humor : dark

PostSubject: Re: The DF 1vs1 Tournament!   The DF 1vs1 Tournament! Icon_minitimeMon Aug 25, 2008 11:27 am

Ok im out again since we gotta pay to join and ill lose anyway
Back to top Go down
Pozed
Apprentice
Apprentice
Pozed

Male

PostSubject: Re: The DF 1vs1 Tournament!   The DF 1vs1 Tournament! Icon_minitimeWed Aug 27, 2008 10:04 am

Hey i actually got a complain. I think the rule about no greenies is ridicoulus (sorry for bad spelling xD). I mean what's the difference u can get about the same weapons just that they look different so i think we should be allowed to use green weps. thats just my opinion anyway Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Runer
Admin
Admin
Runer

Male

PostSubject: Re: The DF 1vs1 Tournament!   The DF 1vs1 Tournament! Icon_minitimeWed Aug 27, 2008 10:37 am

green weapons are stronger than pvp weapons in some ways. for example: energy, health, spell recharge etc.
Back to top Go down
Pozed
Apprentice
Apprentice
Pozed

Male

PostSubject: Re: The DF 1vs1 Tournament!   The DF 1vs1 Tournament! Icon_minitimeSat Sep 06, 2008 9:31 am

hmm dunno if its just me but i think 16ppl in the tourney is too much for a DF-only tournament cos we have like 12 active ppl in guild lulz
Back to top Go down
Khar
Co-Admin
Co-Admin
Khar

Male

PostSubject: Re: The DF 1vs1 Tournament!   The DF 1vs1 Tournament! Icon_minitimeThu Sep 18, 2008 9:36 am

Hey guys I guess I am in charge now of the tournament so I have an idea which I'd like to get some feedback on Very Happy

From the begining it was suposed to be a 1v1 tournament with 16 spot but that's a bit to many spots if you ask me and I strongly doubt that we will fill them. So then our other option is a 1v1 tournamnet with 8 spots which is a bit little if you ask me. These are basicly the two options we have if we want to make a 1v1 tournament.

Now to my Idea. My idea is that we hold a 2v2 with 8 spots which means we will still become 16 peeps and the prices will be bigger. But there will be fewer matches and by doing it this way you can bring along your buddies who are in other guilds. The only two demands for the teams would then be that there has to be at least 1 DF member in every team and that DF members has preference to be in the tournament since it's a DF PvP tournament. This is basics of the idea so I just wanted to know if you like the idea or if I should trash it Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The DF 1vs1 Tournament!   The DF 1vs1 Tournament! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The DF 1vs1 Tournament!
Page 1 of 1